The day before we started this school year we all went out to celebrate with a huge banana split. It was so much fun to watch the kids devour this treat.
To celebrate the first day, we had some home-made donut holes to go with our breakfast.
Smile! We're ready to start school. Nathanael-2nd grade, Hannah-Kindergarten, Talitha-preschool, Josiah-preschool.
Our week centered on their names and their meanings and stories. I made a wall-hanging to go on our family wall, with each of their names, the meanings, and a Bible passage with their name in it.
Talitha working in her school activity basket.
Nathanael and Hannah working on handwriting together.
Josiah workign in his school activity basket.
Nathanael and Hannah working on maps while Talitha works on a file folder game.
I might be more excited than the kiddos about this year, because I chose a new curriculum. It schedules Bible lessons, History, and Science to go together and follow a central theme. We got to do our first Science experiment this week. It was fun for them all to watch Nathanael find out what happens when you mix salt with water and add an egg:
Then Nathanael and Hannah recorded in their Science notebooks what we discovered.
It was a fun week, and we are all looking forward to the next as well. Though I suspect they are all more excited about Family Camp coming up the week afterward.



No comments:
Post a Comment